Sunday, October 24, 2010

First Pub Experience

Hawaii doesn't have many pubs, and the ones we do have, I have never stepped foot in. So, my first night at a pub was interesting. It is much like a bar/lounge, except it has pretty good beer selection and everything looks so... woodsy?

When we went in the door, they put our IDs under a screen thing and took pics of it. Not surprisingly, they commented on my Hawaii ID. Next time someone asks me, "What is a girl from Hawaii doing in Canada?" I'll tell them that this is where Hawaii people go for vacation.

We found a table and ordered drinks. They didn't have Lychee Martinis or Strawberry 'Ritas... so I opted for Rum and Diet Coke. C had a Dirty Hooker and S had what's on tap. We settled in for some surprisingly good karaoke.

Somewhere after a rendition of "Under the Sea" ala Sebastian of Little Mermaid, we ordered another round. This time I got a Bud Lite because I wasn't sure how long we would be there, and I was already tipsy from my R+DC. Much of it is a blur, but sometime along the night, I ended up on C's lap. I think I did a lapdance... Luckily, he's my husband.

So, the guys decide it's time to go, and since I've been sitting there nursing my beer, it's barely half done. So I try to tank it, but can't. C and S both end up finishing the beer for me.

Tottering outside in my red stilettos S and I chat while C is in the restroom. I notice a Cold Beer Store Drive-In, which I think is quite a novelty. Apparently in Canada, alcohol is strictly regulated and you can't get it at regular stores. So, while S smokes, I'm freezing my butt off but S tells some good stories, so I'm distracted.

C pulls up and beeps. I'm startled and nearly fall on my butt (hey, try standing while drunk in 5-inch stilettos.. yeah I thought so). I sit in the back and the guys decide what to do next. Frankly, I'm ready to pass out. Yes, I'm a light weight.

We head to S's so he can change and stuff. C and I are bored and I'm quite tipsy, so we mess around with the camera for a bit. S comes out, and C tries to ambush him with the camera, but he's quite elusive.

We head over to Spanky's, which is like a hole in the wall place with pizza and wings. S knows some of the ppl there and since he's leaving soon, he's gonna stay and hang out so we can go home. Good thing too, because I'm cold and feel like falling over.

Somewhere in the middle of the night, I had to visit the porcelain altar :(

No comments:

Post a Comment